Tuesday, April 06, 2010

You know, I've always enjoyed Galaxie 500, with their dreamy ethereal, drony guitar pop fondly evoking uni days for me, bonus points bestowed for being progenitor of even more enjoyable Luna but when I came across this review in Pitchfork the other day I kind of had to scream a bit.
My issue, in the form of a rhetorical question: How many motherfucking times does a motherfucking obscure indie band from the late 80s/early 90s have to motherfucking reissue their motherfucking music? Given they reissued their sum total 3 studio albums a decade ago, as well as a box set of music in mid-1997, then a rarities disc from the box set separately a few years after that, plus the requisite Peel Sessions disc, doesn't a third decade on reissue of all three albums seem a tad motherfucking excessive?

Any other 'too many trips to the well' examples you can conjure up/muster enough outrage to curse about?

No comments: