Thursday, November 04, 2010

I thought I could do it, turn a blind eye while others relegated one of my all time favorite songs to the dust bins of their own cliche riddled worlds, but no I must speak out about such blasphemes,and though Paul is derided mercylessly in the steriotyped black and white critical music history world we live in , I must say that that album and that song were serious buteresses in the cultural void that my life was for some years in my youth...i mean
for me I took the hero of the song ( the band) as a metaphor for an escapist world of music WITH frivolty and that that life was all you needed... music and fun and adventure and nothing more.... the song has 3 dstinct parts all with there own building lyrics and melodies that erupts in an acoustic bonansa of joy for the sheer love of music...in short what our cdclub exists for... how many songs are like that? not many? he doesnt take himself too seriously here, its just about the music stupid....
Denny laines 70's steriophonic guitar work sublimely lifted me to a nworld where nothing else mattered....heres to you Paul..
gnight

No comments: