Friday, November 05, 2010

well , first off...
did Derek make it to second base on the couch last night and if so what was it like...

In terms of the paul vs john debate, it is much like the beatle vs stones debate... ubiquitous , so in brief.... generally for me ( and most fans) John is the more serious artist, deeper music, deeper lyrics, Paul is the more superficial happy go lucky vaudville type.. ( "a day in the life" is a prime example of this within the same song, compare Pauls verses against Johns....) Johns music stays with you longer (mind games is a particular lyric and music masterpiece)
However that said, my favorite post beatles record and song by far is "band on The run" and the title track. Pauls singles are a joy to listen to and I never tire of them, so though John gets the nod, Paul is not far behind for me... I will let Brian expound on the wonders of his base playing , which I never really appreciated until Brian pointed this out to me, and yes he is a fantastic base player., perhaps underrated here if you can fathom that..
My daughters friend made a mix tape of all Joghn lennon songs from Beatles era and post beatl;es are...to here is entire castaloge on a mixed playlist in one go id wholely satisfying to a degree which surprised me.. I seem to listen to his carre seperated into the 2 halves, but I highly recommend this exercise for any Lennon fan... I think if it was Pauls music it would be like getting too music sugar in your tea..

No comments: