Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Thanks dudes. Lots of good input here, and other than a number of Derek's typically esoteric suggestions, we appear to be (eerily) close in our way of thinking. For example, I have included the Modest Mouse track (first song on the disk in fact!), and debated putting a second # on as well - I love their "thing", though muscially I'm beginning to see little difference between some of their stuff, Flaming Lips, and Mercury Rev. Any one else hearing the similarities?

And I've already added Astrud Gilberto's "A Certain Sadness" (a beauitful song if you don't know it), except it was to my "Autumn" disk - disk one of the two-disk SAD set.

Derek has also sent me a further note to add The Heavy Blinkers, whom I've heard of but never heard (sounds intriguing). Aside: Why is everybody, myself included, now throwing about the term "chamber pop"? OK, I know why I'm doing it ('cause I'm a pretentious trend-aholic), but why is everybody ELSE??

Incidentally, I downloaded some of the Delays based on the Steven Merritt article and didn't love it - I found it too shimmery, and a little hook-less for the type of music.

Keep thinking, if you're so inclined. I love this stuff.

No comments: