Thursday, March 24, 2005

This will only be of interest to some of you, however, I have found myself listening to a Gene Clark cd I bought a few years ago and loving it to death. Its called white light. Clark is ex Byrds and has been a principle guy in the early country rock, (if you just cringed stop reading here),a founder some think. I have also been listening to Steven stills first record (self titled) which I picked up last winter ($5 for an old LP), and loving it too. Stills is not unrelated to this whole genre perhaps coming more from the folk point of view , but also county influenced. In short, I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations for this second tier level of artists in this genre (ie crosby, nash, messina, other ex birds, etc ) . I think the public has missed out on some truly great stuff..... ( I realise this blog will probably be greeted by a great wall of silence and thats Ok..)

No comments: