Monday, May 15, 2006

I am picking things I know for sure will make the list ...(yet i have not decided on final order), so here is another batch......my final groupings will probably not be exact order but something like 1) my top 10 (but not in any order) , next 10 (again not in any order) , and so on .....all to be decided at the end as I dont have time now and I am relistening to a lot to be sure they are still my favorites....
Wayne Shorter ...Speak no evil
Louis Armstrong meets Oscar Peterson
Miles Davis - Cooking & relaxing (a vinyl 2fer of both albums)
Miles davis- Workin & Steamin (a vinyl 2fer of both albums)
Monk- Pure Monk- ( a vinyl 2fer of solo stuff from riverside years)
Monk - Brilliance ( a vinyl 2fer of riverside quartets but mainly "brilliant corners")
Monk- Theolonius Monk- ( a vinyl 2fer of prestige years)
Oliver nelson- the blues and the abstract truth
Blossum Dearie- Once upon a summertime
Sonny Stitt, Sonny Rollins, Dizzie Gillespie- Sonny Side up

No comments: