Friday, May 12, 2006

Sooner or later Brian will realize that he won't be able to pick his top 10 as he is 1 disc ahead of the pace having already chosen 21 records. Don't be trying to squeeze in 51 selections there pal. I shall be watching. Can't let the man get to far ahead although I think if you already have your 50 selected go ahead and show your hand. As for myself I'm re-listening and selecting as I go. So here are another 10 as yet in no particular order.

-Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else (1958) - Miles is sublime especially on the disc opener
-Jackie McLean - Destination Out (1963)
-Sonny Stitt and Paul Gonsalves - Salt and Pepper (1963)
-Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady (1963) - takes yer dad's big band for a scary walk down some rather dark alleys
-Ben Webster & Joe Zawinul - Soulmates (1963) - I'm with Stuart on this one and I do hope at some point to see some crossover on the rest of your lists as well.
-The Red Garland Quintet - All Mornin' Long (1957)
-Kenny Dorham - Quiet Kenny (1959) - 3/5 from Allmusic (idiots!)
-Oscar Pettiford - The New Sextet (1953) - the original jazz cellist (only one as far as I know)
-Wayne Shorter - Adam's Apple (1966)
-Grant Green with Sonny Clark - The Complete Quartets (1961-2)

No comments: