Thursday, May 18, 2006

June 22nd chez me sounds pretty good if everyone else is up for it.

With regard to the lists, admittedly I had re-vamped the concept to a Top 51, and if no one is too comfortable with that, well then, I'm out. Forget it. The whole thing's off. OK, leave it with me.

And Mr. Watson....Mr. Watson. Stuart. I've pondered your proposal re "no break down within the groups of ten", really looked at it carefully, and can only conclude that it simply won't cut it. Why? There'll be no good way to apply Marc's scoring system, and the point of the game is to....OK, this is somewhat debatable......publish a Metabaeats Jazz Top 50 that includes all of our inputs. So it seems to me that we will need you to get down to brass tacks, get off the schnide, and do a little work for a change (if you need a role model, look at me). Also, the vinyl 2-fers you listed in your last bunch are in some cases pretty unique compilations limited to vinyl releases...not sure how we will deal with these without references to the original recording (Brilliant Corners was helpful), plus putting two Miles disks as one selection (Cookin and Relaxin etc etc) , well, don't get me started.

In summary, Stu, I think you need to take a really hard look at your contribution to this project, and ask yourself some tough questions. Maybe go to Scotland for a week on a drinking binge to step away from it.

No comments: