Monday, April 23, 2007

Listless these days? Perhaps it's because we've been listless here for so long.

No more! An invitation to comment on Rolling Stone's list of 40 songs of the past 40 years which "changed the world" (quotes theirs, of course).

While thrilled that one of my (if not the) favourite songs of all time--"Just Like Heaven" by the Cure--makes an appearance, I can't help but think that any list that also includes a song by Britney Spears or Guns and Roses forfeits any and all credibility. What say you all?

I'll admit, I haven't read the rationale for any of these picks so I have no idea why "Strawberry Fields Forever" somehow edges out "Hey Jude" or "Day in the Life" in the life-changing department or if anybody on this esteemed blog panel can hum me a single bar from Black Flag's "TV Party" and the question 'Where are the Pixies?' can be heard at scream-level decibels in my head but....I'll let you lot come up with some more egregious omissions.

No comments: