Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Speaking of BW and his pop legacy, there was quite a nice release by a local band called The Bicycles last year that I came across on a couple of allmusic posts recently which is primo 60's-inspired pop. Really very good. As usual I'm 9 months behind so you've probably all heard this music, either (a) dismissing it as light and trivial or (b) liked it, researched their history, found solo recordings and demos from the bass player they kicked out before they "went big", and Stuart has dated the (presumably female) lead singer.

I was going to link it like the rest of you do, but I've forgotten how, and can't seem to find the toolbar that we had on the old (obviously inferior) version of blogger. Feel free to help me with this one of you techno-competent folks.

Here is the url allmusic that you can cut and paste. How 2002.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0cfrxqudldke

No comments: