Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Brian, 'Toxic Girl' by Kings of C., will definitely be on the top songs list, though I'm not sure if Damian Jurado's 'Cannonball' will make the cut...will have to see on game day. Looking forward to everyone's list and some discussion about what was included and why. Not sure if that makes sense in this space or at the actual meeting but still plenty to go over.

As for the road trip, we could probably spend lots of time coming up with a set of criteria for what constitutes good road music (first one to mention Tom Cochrane without irony is kicked off the blog...ha ha ha, no i'm serious), I'm gonna go the easy route and throw out my list of 'California' songs, some classic, some not so classic:

10. Los Angeles - Frank Black




9. I Left My Wallet in El Segundo - A Tribe Called Quest

8. Straight Outta Compton - NWA

7. Going Back to Cali - LL Cool J

6. Unfair - Pavement



5. Santa Monica - Everclear

4. I Hate (California Girls) - Magnetic Fields





3. California (All the Way) - Luna




2. Going to California - Led Zepellin



1. Mama's and the Papa's, of course





No comments: