Friday, November 20, 2009

Mike and Derek, love the lists (though I'd say Jane Says is tenuous, much as I love this song). My intentions with the CA songs was to include those that reference the place, cities, or locations within the state, whether overtly or not. Which is why I didn't mention any of the Beach Boys songs you mentioned, and I certainly wasn't going to include 'California Girls'. Not to get into a pissing match about what constitutes a Cali song, though.

In a similar vein to the po-mo take you highlighted Bri, I should have also included Rufus Wainwright's "California" which begins, "California / California / You're such a wonder that I think I'll stay, in bed".

Also, I did mention Luna. And I don't like "LA Woman" though "Peace Frog", with its "bloody red sun of fantastic LA" line probably makes it a worthy entry.

No comments: