Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Kyle you're putting us all to shame for Christ's sake. I knew you'd been noodling on your top 100 for a while but somehow didn't imagine it ever coming out (umm, maybe that's more MY thing). It's a great list, gotta say. Very rounded, very inclusive, yet very Kyle. I've looked at it a few times, and there's a fair bit of music that I don't know, which is always fun. Lots to explore.

And since I am planning on unveiling my ambitious top ten albums list (wow! ....OK, I'll think about songs too) in the upcoming week or two, I can comment on the overlap. There are definitely signs of cross-pollination in there; you have three of my top ten in your top ten (you usurping bastard) and a few more BD top tens on the rest of the 100. Interestingly though, four of my toppers aren't on your list at all. A couple of which don't surprise me (odd choices on my part), a couple of which do. I won't give 'em away though, gotta leave some suspense.

In terms of beloved-but-non-top-tenners that would have made a long list for me, a few potentially in your wheelhouse that jumped out were Andrew Bird (Armchair), Kings of Convenience (Quiet - which I warmed up and up to over the decade), something by Damien Jurado (I adore "And Now That I'm in Your Shadow", which still might squeak into my top ten, but others in his oeuvre are v. good), something by Beulah (Coast is Never Clear?), and also something by Matt Pond (say, Measure or Green Fury).

Looking forward to the listening party, have we agreed to wait to January? I'll make an early suggestion that Mike makes the trip to the Big Smoke to come down for a weekend and bring along his noughty best. In which case, lets look at calendars to help that along.

No comments: