Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Ah yes, well, looks like some hard cheese on this one given Mike's note. We may need to re-visit this approach, or at least this assignment of categories. So.....Derek and I randomly drew categories the other night at Betty's (ah, what an establishment) as follows:

Rock and Pop 1 - Derek
Rock and Pop 2 - Kyle
Folk - Stuart
Electronic - Mark
Country / Blues - Brian

Arguably it's pretty clear who will be having the most and least fun preparing for this event. If it's entirely untenable let me know. My heart would not be broken if we were to switch it up, as I am somewhat lukewarm to blues and country. And Mike, well, I believe I've heard him refer to jazz as "just random noise" more than once over the years. Once we settle on genre assignemnt, then we'll need to choose our own sub-genres, subject to group approval.

No comments: