Tuesday, November 08, 2011

I should respond to the invitation to come down and join another musical playoff. First, I have to say that I've never liked genres - or perhaps it's sub-genres that I don't like. I accept country, blues, rock, classical and jazz. But I've never had any use for alternative, art rock, roots rock, pop, new country, etc. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the battle of the decades, and I'd like to participate in this next big event. Barring something unavoidable and undeniable, I'll make the trip to the big Smoke on the weekend of Jan 20-21 armed with an ipodfull of choice selections for whatever piece of the music pie I am assigned. I should point out that my music collection is ill-equipped to handle jazz, classical or blues. I have lots of rock and folk, and some country, all of which spans innumerable arbitrary classifications.

No comments: