Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'd love to find time to comment more fully on the debate currently making the rounds here on the blog but for now let me just say the following:

the Packers don't play football in the summer (please try and keep up)

I don't go to concerts so that I can tell people who don't give a shit that I was the first person in Toronto to see "..xxx" when they played the Horseshoe.  I go to concerts to see bands whose music has struck a chord and because I love live music.

the reason Kyle that you found it odd that the source of the endless competitive music nights were the same one's decrying the preponderance of such, is that Brian and I were just nodding our heads and saying as little as possible in the faint hope that Stuart at some point would run out of steam or require a washroom break (no such luck)

I do think that playing a couple of well-worn records that we've lived with for a good while, whether they are likely to appeal to the rest of the group or not, is a much better way to conduct this dinosaur than bringing in the latest greatest release from the flavour of the month.  I have been guilty of this too often in the last few years and I plan to make amends.

I still greatly value the knowledge and input that you gents bring to the table and as such think that the club serves a useful purpose.

On another note I was walking around this afternoon on a perfect July day and listening to The Youngblood's "Elephant Mountain" album which I bought a while back as it's not on Rdio and man is the last track "Ride the Wind" an absolutely perfect accompaniment to a warm summers day.

No comments: