Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Oh indeed, it is quite a burden being so prescient and influential. 

Re 18 in 18, the more I think about it, the more I'm inspired to simply choose my favourite 18 pieces of music over the period 1994 - 2012.    By which I mean, songs and/or short pieces, rather than albums.   It'll be less about the obviously great (like, by the way I like Pavement's Crooked Rain?) and influential, and more a wide open selection (heck, a celebration) of songs I loved then and still love now, across all genres....which means mostly indy pop/rock.    That way it'll be fun coming up with the list through heavy late-night sampling.   And yes I will hearken back to MetaBeats on occassion, since y'all have had a big influence on my listening sicne way back when I was in my twenties (or was it early 30's).   

No comments: