Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Speaking of Haight-Ashbury, Sarah and I stayed in a quirky little B&B there last week. We stayed in the Summer of Love room. The Gap store and Ben & Jerry's that now grace two corners of this famous intersection cheapen its mystique but there were/are a few cool record shops worth visiting. Though CD prices in America are not as crazy as they may be in Europe, it's still a whole lot cheaper to buy music in Toronto than in any other city I've ever visited.

If I knew everyone was so gullible, I'd have made up my own Drake-centred stories about the fetching Heather Graham, who is in town to shoot a movie (fact) and has been spotted at the forementioned Toronto bar (though not by me or anyone I know).

Since I haven't purchased any music lately, I haven't felt like commenting much. The upcoming CD club should remedy this.

As a followup to an earlier post, you may or may not have heard that Lollapalooza has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales. Has their demographic aged beyond the festival-going years?

Debate. Or ignore for a few weeks. Or continue to discuss the Destroyer disc, which I'd be interested in hearing.

No comments: