Friday, January 27, 2006

I like the idea of fixed dates, though I've gotta say, never has there been such a flourish of activity in this space in the span of two or three days. Perhaps we should switch the focus of the blog from music appreciation to the art of scheduling.

The Queer Dance night at Lee's is a hoot. The music tends to be typical dancecave fare, which is a plus, but the crowd is better costumed. A few summers back, I witnessed a thin little man disrobe in the middle of the dance floor. He made it through 2 songs before the staff realized that he'd shed the tiny speedo he'd been wearing. Not a pretty sight but a funny one!

I share your lack of enthusiasm for the Constantines, Bri, but anything I've heard from opening band The Deadly Snakes has been quite good and would probably be even better live. You can always start off at the 'shoe then cab it up to Bloor for gay dancing.

No comments: