Tuesday, February 27, 2007

...for example, Brian, the other night at the cd club, i believe you said that you never sit down in your living room and listen to your ipod hooked up to your audio system. hmmm!

I find that i have been listening to streamed podcasts and frequency modulation radio recently since i have been spending a lot of time all on my own (sob, sob!) in my office and i feel as if someone is trying to say something to me by selecting cuts and linking them together in a meaningful way ...i think that there is something to be said for that, as much as i do enjoy the occasionally randomness of a shuffle. I think it must have something to do with my fondness for the concept of the album, as apposed to the single.

Speaking of which, i must recommend "Hurray for Tuesdays" on ckln ...one of my favourite shows, Tuesday at 2:30 for anyone who has access to a radio or Rogers digital at that time. It is a little bit old fashioned, but there is something very comforting for me to tune in once a week to a favourite broadcast. It's live, spontaneous and since it is community radio, anything can happen.

I was mentioning to Stuart the other day a program on CIUT that is called "Vinyl from the CIUT Crypt" in which members of the listening audience are invited to come in as guest dj's and venture down to the u of t vinyl vault (and i hear it is a formidable collection) and select the music for the program and talk a little bit about their picks ...who's up for the challenge gentlemen?

No comments: