Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Good fun the other night indeed...and yes, great to hear music in a room at good volume. Not something that happens Chez Doyle very often. Nice to see Rob out as well - the man knows his music.

My selections were:

Midlake - The Trails of Van Occupanther - America meets Seals And Crofts meets Alan Parsons meets almost any other mid-seventies atmospheric folk rock band. In fact an outstanding record and my current favourite.

Broken West - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On - great upbeat SoCal pop, also very retro (so many things are these days), but not as self consciously so in my view, and channelling more of a LA-sixties simple pop structure. Very well done I think.

The Earlies - The Enemy Chorus - interesting eclectic blend of pop stylings, sort of psych pop meets singer songrwiter meets large (somewhat goofy) synth.

Thanks for hosting Derek, and hope you maxed out on sleep.

No comments: