Friday, February 16, 2007

I couldnt agree with you more, Derek and Kyle about the Robert Evert Green article , which I didnt think to be so much condescending to the Dixie Chicks, but rather insitefull and providing an alternate media type of perspective, which is what I though defined good journalism, especially in light of the bandwagon journalism we saw with the start of the Iraq war... I see him occasionally as he has kids at my daughters school , and he said he takes heat whenever he does this sort of thing and sometimes wonders if its worth it....sad..........
Finally, the most absurd scene at the grammys (I read about it) has to be ornette coleman giving the best new artist award to an idol contest winner...I would love to know what was going through his head........did this really happen????impossible that the show organisers couldnt see the irony in this statement...

No comments: