Thursday, July 26, 2007

Btw...I've updated the links on the right side of the page for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is ease of use. Several of the old links required you to click, then copy and paste, or drag the contents into a music player. I went with that method in the past because I figured not everyone at the time was using itunes. Since most if not all of us are now doing so, it seems stupid to make this any more complicated than it need be.

The 'Podcasts' links will now open up in itunes and bring you to the subscription page, where a simple click will add that podcast to your list of automatic updates. If there are additional music-related podcasts you think I should include, or even non-music related ones, please let me know and I will add these.

Under 'Radio', I've added 'Fresh Air Edinburgh', a great station I discovered in Itunes radio. In addition to playing great music, they list the track and artist in itunes while playing, which the other two links aren't able to do at present. When you click on this link, select 'open' and it will open up in itunes. I've also added last.fm, which does what Pandora used to do (no longer available in Canada).

Streamlined the reading section, most of which are focused one music, two of which focus on fake news (the onion) and commentary on real news (salon). If you only have time to read one blog per day, Glenn Greenwald's daily (sometimes hourly) posts on media coverage and politics in the US is essential. The last is a link to the Toronto Public Library, which you should really bookmark if you haven't already.

No comments: