Monday, August 03, 2009

looking at that link Kyle on the best of 2009 so far I have to say either a) I am getting too old ( highly unlikely) or b) that list is simply the top most written about bands who are really shiit..( ok neko excleded) ...I dunno , but I have listened to a lot of them over the course of this year and none of them rings my bell much....on another note Mike I agree with you that as long as the songs are great I am fine with not reinventing a bands sound... CCR a great example, hundreds more we can name ( although referring to Wilco with the quote " I dont dislike them" is a luttle off the scale in my books and I really want to kick your ass but unfornately I have broken my collarbone so I will get Brian to do the honours ....you have not met me Mike but i am 200lbs of sheer muscle 6'7" tall so you are one lucky boy)
Finally I have to say I originally thought a top 10 list of the noughts woyld be extremely difficult but I have pretty well nailed 9 of the 10 easily by simply applying the following criteria
- must truly seriously love 90% of the album
-must listen to it still this year and still love it to death
its amazing how few albums fit this category... there are another 20 or so where I love 4 of 5 songs (half the album) but to get it to loving almost every song is a tough category for me...

No comments: