Thursday, August 13, 2009

Well, admittedly, it's just possible that I got a bit edgy when Stu suggested I had to opine on why his choices weren't on my list.

Kyle, it's early, but I fear you have an insurmountable lead in the Wittiest Blogger Award again this year. Nice job on the levity.

Re digi albums, I'm much less troubled by it then I am by digi books...it's a far more obvious fit, for one. In my case, I'm about 95% digital these days anyway, and wouldn't know at this point whether I was buying "real" releases or not. In terms of rights, that's a whole different issue. For example, emusic has started eliminating some music that I purchased from the site a couple of years ago, so that if I haven't stored them all permanently (mea culpa), I can't go and download them again for free....which is one of the attractive features of the site. I have yet to figure out why they've eliminated the music, perhaps a break with the label in question.

OK, that's not really a rights issue, it's just annoying.

No comments: