Thursday, August 06, 2009

Stuart: thanks for your latest pic, which will soon become my new desktop wallpaper. also, we asked for your top 100 albums so 10 isn't going to cut it.
Derek: think the last show I was was Plants & Animals at the Horseshoe last December. Pretty sad that I'm now living my concert going experiences vicariously through my father-in-law, who caught the Decemberists show at Kool Haus on Sunday, and will likely tell me about it this weekend. As for upcoming shows, couldn't help but notice that Likke Li is playing this Sunday night down at the former Docks, now Sound Academy down off of Cherry St. but the tix seem a little steep at $26.
Brian and Mike: these days, i'm usually good for 3-4 albums tops for any band or artist. at some point, even if the songs are good, i'm probably going to lose interest if the sound doesn't evolve or change in any way. CCR is an example of a band where, 5 or 6 songs into a listen, I'm about ready for something else....pretty much every one of their songs is a re-working of 'Down on the Corner'...great song but still ....for a more recent example of 'okay i get it' 5 songs in, see Sunset Rubdown.

Apropos of nothing department: Broken Social Scene covering, "Love Will Tear Us Apart"

No comments: