Monday, August 10, 2009

thought I had better put some noughts albums out there since you are all picking my favorites as it is...I am pretty focused on the albums rather then songs as generally that matters more to me....
no question to some previousl;y mentioned albums , namely
- band of Horses -debut album
-Beck -Sea Changes
-badly Drawn boy - -debut album
Cant see how Arcade fires debut isnt included , I think any metabeats members not selecting this (as has been threatened) , willl have to have a lengthy reason as to why not...
Another obvious one that will be on mine and Im sure many of yours is Wilcos yankeee foxtrot, which still stands as the album most loved that took the longest to get, but proved the worth of perservearance with a difficult album
a couple less of obvious would be the Strokes ( wait for it brian) second album, ( he really does have to get over this) because few albums make me smile from start to finish and that one still does it every time for me.
Also Sigour Rios Takk , I thing a superior album to the debut and it just keeps gettign better every listen.. Intense, intense stuff only equalled in that department by .....radiohead...Rainbows may in fact be my favcorite album of the last 10 years , and I think i have to admit I like it better then ok computer which was my favoritwe album from the last decade... Ok computer is more uni-dimensional in its sound whereas rainbows has more of a range of depth to the songs and though still bleak there is a sense of redemption in some of the songs that contrasts the despair making the sound richer and more apt to repeated listenings without running the risk of killing yourself...
more later....

No comments: