Monday, January 11, 2010

As Marc's place is a mere two subway stops from my office, a 4:00 pm arrival is indeed doable from my perspective, though that many consecutive hours of drinking portends a bit of a ghastly hangover for Saturday morning. Given that Brian won't be available until after 4:00 pm, did we want to push the start time to 5 or 6?

As for the exact years or ranges, I vote on skipping, mostly because I think it could take away from the strategizing and decision-making that will go into what songs are played each round. Do I play a song from the beginning, middle, end of a decade in each round? Do I try to group the songs I'm going to play by genre? If so, which genre to start with? Do I lead with what I feel are the strongest songs first or do I keep some powder in the keg with the hopes of making it to the end? Going with one year or set of years will mean I'll have to come up with 3 goodies or so per year but the structure imposed kind of makes it easier for participants and really, we can't have that. Just my two cents. Certainly don't want to antagonize anyone going into a voting period.

No comments: