Sunday, January 03, 2010

I'm probably most interested in the new Field Music and Frightened Rabbits albums. Didn't realize that Rogue Wave, Quasi and most especially Bettie Serveert were still making music. I guess once bands lose a certain newness they just fall off the collective radar. Anyone hear anything from Ben Folds Five lately?

As for Robert Pollard I'm not sure anyone needs to hear new music from the man who doesn't have a thought that doesn't get turned in to a lyric. And I'll pass on anything new from Vampire Weekend, a band I tired of very quickly.

Looking forward to January 15th. One of the rules that came to mind is that a winning decade in any round should not go directly back in to the hat as we could select the same match-up two rounds in a row. Having said that should we avoid identical decade match-ups at least until the final round when there are only 2 decades left. My song selection will remain very top secret until the night in question although I might just run with the complete discography of Ace of Base and let all comers fall in its wake.

No comments: