Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Well, I've scratched a few surfaces in the 80's in the last ten days (and there are some ugly boils and blisters below that shiny skin...ha), and was planning to bring twenty to thirty songs - ie, maximum 4 rounds, each with 3 or 4 new songs. In terms of my selections, I was thinking I'd "play the room" a little bit, see what worked and what didn't as they evening wore on. I would tend to think a mix of defining and trascending, but given that we're looking for votes, was thinking that anything people had heard say, 5000 times will be difficult to get past any pre-existing biases, so try to find at least a few songs that may sound fresh to everyone's ears.

Mind you, I've got the 80's, so am feeling a bit like the Latvians at an international hockey tournament. I'm counting on Kyle for major votes.

Dreams of better lives/the kind that never hate/Dropped in the state of imaginary grace/I made a pilgrimage to save the human race/Never comprehending a race had long gone by.....

No comments: