Friday, January 08, 2010

Hey Derek, there's that knack again. We're in good hands. Funny to think what a drunken slur of an idea this on Grey Cup night.

Re the "year" idea, I'm easy going. I think it might have to be multiple years from each decade to work - perhaps four years, to accommodate the max number of rounds that each decade cn go. And how to choose the four in that case? We could go random, but in the case of the sixties that raises the specter of multiple pre-Beatle years. And I really don't think we want to sit around listening to Frankie Valli all night. And might the new format make it tougher for The Gaine-sayer to perform his crucial role?

Anyway, I've narrowed the eighties down to 75 songs - from the outstanding to the soporific, the transcendent to the sophomoric, I've got it all. Nothing from 1981 though.

Looking forward to it all. FYI I may not be available until after 4 - not 100% sure but it's scheduled to be a busy week with a bunch of things due Friday.


No comments: