Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I've heard the voice of Hamilton Leithauser from The Walkmen described as 'Rod Stewart, if someone were pulling on his testicles'. That I think this is accurate in no way detracts from my admiration for this album and my decision to include it in my top 5 as well (so what the hell am I going to post next week?) I downloaded two tracks from the Fiery Furnaces recently and liked them...perhaps a trip to Soundscapes is in order. Or maybe I should wait until Boxing Week to do some disc shopping...

Stuart, I borrowed the Lekman disc from Marc (note that I did not put quotes around the verb, meaning that permission was granted for me to take the disc), so I'm not in any position to whine about wasted caja. Marc, on the other hand, has every right to take one of your cds in reparation and it's quite possible that he has already done so.

Also, while Feist may have it going on, I can't say I'm digging her music. Perhaps I need another listen, or perhaps a private performance from Feist herself. Actually, I can't recall what she looks like so instead I'll ask for a private performance from Natalie Portman.

I was hoping that the Onion would list their Least Essential Albums of 2004 today but it appears as though they've either abandonned this tradition or are waiting until next week. In the spirit of schaedenfraude and the continued smackdown of the Lekman disc, does anyone want to add their most disappointing/hated discs of the year? I'll think of some and then try to think of some really clever putdowns to add as well.

No comments: