Thursday, December 16, 2004

Was the disc opened (ie. out of its wrapper)? If so, that probably rules out Derek.

Had to get in a dig at somebody since i can't think of any discs I purchased that I want to diss here. Is this because I've gone soft and will only purchase albums that I'm almost 100% certain are going to be good? Have I just been lucky? Or have I grown less cantankerous in my dotage? [Note: With such silly, self-amused rhetoric, I thus present myself for swift castigation]

Agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the Snow Patrol disc, Marc. I enjoy listening to it, even though it borders on modern rock territory at times. The lyrics are fine but the overall production is unnecessarily smooth where it could be a little grittier. I guess I find it more authenic when I can sense desperation or urgency in what I'm hearing. My favourite track, "Tiny Little Fractures" is a notable exception, recalling the voice and jangly guitar of Sebadoh's Lou Barlow on 'License to Confuse'.

Thanks for the link to the Jazzland site, which points out that Buggee Wesseltoft's first name is, "...conveniently prounced 'boogie!'". Why can't my name be conveniently pronounced something fun like that? [Again, this one's right down the middle of the plate]

No comments: