Monday, April 24, 2006

My profuse apologies, my post never would never registered as published and then even when I refreshed the blog window it would still not be there… then suddenly four hours later it makes a fool of me …damn technologies!

I get your point Derek and it is a valid one, but my point was that many of artists on your list were either dead before you were born or had stopped playing before you were actually interested in jazz. Lester Young died in ’59; Davis stopped making decent music in the early 70’s; Sonny Stitts died in ’82, the year I was legal to start drinking; Coltrane died when we were just out of diapers, Kenny Dorman died when I was 9…etc.

That having been said, my biggest regrets are the things I will not get to do today because I cannot find the time, money and energy for them.

Brian, point taken, I am a wanker. Nice lists guys.

I think I might include Keith Jarrett for his early work and maybe Ornette Coleman just ‘cause I like to get fucked around a bit once in a while. If we were making a list of really really dead guys, I might have to put Jelly Roll Morton on the list. He was one of the first Jazzist I got into in university and still love… haven’t listened to him much recently though.

No comments: