Monday, January 22, 2007

Hard to believe but it has already been over 3 months since the last CD club. I missed that one and some big changes have occurred in my life in the interim. I was thinking it would be nice to host a CD club at my place sometime in February when we all need something to get us through the worst month of the year (thank god it's the shortest). Are there any dates at this point that definitely don't work for any of you?

And just because it's your birthday on Feb 9 Kyle doesn't mean you can't attend a CD club that night.

Might I suggest also that we start up again the selection of one classical piece to be discussed on the night in question. Please say yea or nay to this suggestion. If the yeas win out I would put forward Prokofiev's "Sinfonia Concertante for cello & orchestra" as a good starting point.

And for those of you who like your music African style might I suggest Salif Keita's 2005 CD M'Bemba. I've listened to many of his records but this is a standout disc.

No comments: