Friday, January 26, 2007

Okay, we've switched to the new blogger. I'm with you both, Stuart and Derek, in that I'm reluctant to switch to something new when something old works well. I always resist upgrading to itunes, because I figure at some point the music transfer or some other feature is going to stop working and I'll curse myself for messing around with a good thing. However, I get the feeling that the longer we hold out, the more we'll be prompted to switch and the slower the 'old blogger' is going to get for us so I've made the change. Not sure whether you'll see this change, or if the choice to upgrade is up to each member/poster. Other than a few tweaks here and there, the interface looks pretty much the same so I'm guessing that most of the changes have been made to the back-end, so the overall performance should improve (less chance of losing those posts, Bri).

Marc, I'm guessing that the issues your client is experiencing stems from the encoding of the music file, but you can explore a little more at the Sonos forum site. I've never used another file format for my ipod but my ears aren't as keen as yours, and have arguably been damaged by years of high volume headphone use. I do like the concept of streaming the music from a central harddrive to different speakers in different rooms of the house, though. I suspect this is how we'll all listen to our music at home very soon.

As for book club tonight, I'll bring my ipod and put together an hour's playlist of music that I think will go well with a Michael Crummey novel. Might be a little tricky, given that I have yet to start the novel, but there many hours left in the day, and I'm planning on leaving work a little early.

No comments: