Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just re-reading earlier posts and I see you're hosting, Derek, which is fine. Hope Ciaran has earplugs.

I'm into bringing some of the classical pieces and Prokofiev is fine with me.

Good to hear about the Courthouse as I muchly dig east-end venues. As much as I enjoy traipsing through the Queen West West and College St. environs, the $20 cab rides seem like so much waste of beer money. I couldn't help but laugh at one of the quotes in the article, specifically,

“The opening week of The Courthouse is a tribute to the Montreal Bistro and Top O' The Senator” states Taylor. “Following in their footsteps, we hope this will become another great home for local and touring artists alike”.

He might have added, "Except we'll try to avoid those footsteps which led to suddenly closing up shop".

No comments: