Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Much silence where 1991-1994 applies so let me get this thing started. I just went through the music I own and have compiled a list of the songs that did it for me during that period. Not all the songs are essential and I'm sure that it can be whittled down to a more formidable group of 10 or 20 songs. I've also limted myself to only 1 track per any given artist with the exception of Ride. Here they are:

Adorable - Sunshine Smile
Beck - Loser
Frank Black - Los Angeles
Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
Blur - Chemical World
Boo Radleys - Rodney King
Billy Bragg - Tank Park Salute
Bjork - Big Time Sensuality
Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic
Chapterhouse - Pearl
The Charlatans - can't Even Be Bothered
Lloyd Cole - So You'd Like to Save the World
The Cranberries - Dreams
The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
Drop Nineteens - Winona
808 State - San Francisco
Frank and Walters - Fashion Crisis Hits New York
Gandharvas - First Day of Spring
Inspiral Carpets - This is How it Feels
James - Laid
Morrissey - Glamorous Glue
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Grey Cell Green
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Nirvana - In Bloom
Oasis - Live Forever
Pixies - Head On
Pop Will Eat Itself - Dance of the Mad
Posies - Definite Door
Primal Scream - Higher Than the Sun
Pure - Anna
REM - Man on the Moon
Ride - Mousetrap / OX4
Sloan - Bells On
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
Soundgarden - Jesus Christ Pose
Spiritualized - Run
Suede - Animal Nitrate
Superchunk - Driveway to Driveway
Matthew Sweet - Divine Intervention
Swervedriver - Rave Down
Teenage Fanclub - Star Sign
Trash Can Sinatras - Easy Read
Weezer - My Name is Jonah

Thanks for all the input on the grunge scene. Plenty to think about should another CD be required.

No comments: