Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Count me in for a couple of nights of the classical - particularly the (more) modern stuff if it interests you. My man Dmitri would be right at the top of the list - John Adams as well. I won't do a full pick 5 this year as I will undoubtedly be in "Holy Fuck we have two kids!" mode for a little while in the fall (and through to about 2009 conservatively).

Which jazz are you in for Stu? Joe Lovano? I might be up for a night at the Rex in late May (just before my week-long study blitz).

Stuart, your spelling is atrocious. I thought Architects were the equivalent of modern Renaissance Men? I guess not. Maybe it's Bankers.

Don't know BJM, though I heard them about a bit in Winterbottom's "Nine Songs", where other types of BJ's were also featured. They sounded pretty good if a tad irrelevant.

I'm such a loser - I actually checked out the hyacinth and crocus sites.... anyone else? 'fess up.

Re Archer Prewitt, Marc, it's very solid singer/songwriter stuff, doesn't have the "vibe" element of the Sea and Cake. Reminds me about of Paul Kelly, a fave Aussie s/s of mine who was around from about 1985 - 1995. here's a link to him (Kelly, that is) on allmusic if you're interested.
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:9yen97l7krat

The CD I forgot to bring which I think a number of you might like is The Earlies, which is a trendy-ish mix of organic and synthetic sounds, with an overriding dreamy melodic quality to it.
Here's a link. Note: I suck at this linking stuff.
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/e/earlies/these-were-the-earlies.shtml

No comments: