Thursday, May 19, 2005

That kinda was my point actually, that Malkmus pales when compared to the work of his previous band.

And this is where you lot step in if you so wish and let me know when the solo guy has flown higher than his ex-band (can't think of many although Bjork springs right to mind) and conversely where the muse seems to have deserted the fellow when it's all on his or her shoulders.

By the way that Pavement track so did it for me that I picked up the deluxe "Crooked Rain" package at HMV today for a lovely $15 (part of a 2 for $30 gimmick). It's a 2 CD set with 49 tracks. Since I never owned the original it was a no brainer. I think Pavement is a perfect example of one of those bands we always seem to be discussing who make 5 good to great records in a less than 10 year span and then get the fuck outta dodge while still riding high in the saddle. You have to respect that.

Thanks for the music links Kyle. Onto my mini-disc they shall go.

No comments: