Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Funny you should mention the Blow Monkeys, Derek. My parents recently cleaned out their basement and unearthed some hidden vinyl gems of mine from the mid-80s, among them the 12" singles for 'Digging Your Scene' and 'It Doesn't Have to Be that Way', both of which look as though they've been played a sum total of once each. I just downloaded the Labrador tracks so will listen to them on the journey home this afternoon and leave my feedback here soon.

Thanks for the BJM suggestions, Stuart. I managed to snag most of their back catalogue from their website, yesterday (kudos to Derek for spotting this) and listened to most of Take it from the Man! on my walk into work this morning (good morning for a long walk--just enough chill in the air to stave off perspiration but i digress...) . Think this album would be great to listen to on a Sunday afternoon (sorry Bri, I know you're all about Sunday morning tunes this days) in the dog days of summer, perhaps sitting on a back deck, drinking beer, think 'Between the Buttons' and 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' for Stones' influence placemarkers. Digging this scene for sure.

Any date in June is probably out for me as we're off to Paris for two weeks in mid-June and I'm gonna be in southern California at the very end of the month for a conference. July will probably be better as my travelling ratchets down a few notches in the summer months.

No comments: