Monday, May 30, 2005

Following up on some of those fitful conversations of Saturday night I'd like to once again propose that we have a CD listening night at my place on Saturday June 18. I think you were all amenable to this after 5 or 6 pints but in the sober light of day you may have second thoughts. Let me know if this still works.

I must say that these evenings at the Rex turn out to be awfully expensive as not only do I drop close to $100 on the night but I also end up spending about the same again a few days later after the musical round table (that would be you lot) recommend about a dozen "essential" CDs that I am so obviously missing from my, what I thought was comprehensive, collection. Felt like a true rocker this afternoon as I picked up Deep Purple at HMV. I'm beginning to wonder if you're all part of a record company cabal looking at me as a way out of the deep funk the music business found itself in over the last few years. Surely there can't be that many essential discs. Still holding out on the Elton John and Elvis until I've had a few more pints.

No comments: