Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Stuart I'm in for the pick-5 series for next season's TSO schedule. I've got their new program in front of me and the following would be my picks. Maybe we can discuss it over a beer or two in the next few weeks. Brian maybe you can pick a few from these.

October 5 or 7 - Kissin playing the complete Beethoven piano concerto cycle over two nights. I would be up for either night or even both.

November 30 or December 3 - Stephen Hough playing the Brahms 2nd piano concerto with Strauss' Don Quixote

March 30 - the Modern Soundscapes show you mentioned that contains the John Adams piece.

May 5 - Simon Trpceski playing Tchaikovsky's piano concerto no.1 with the 1st Sibelius symphony

June 1 or 3 - Shostakovich's violin concerto no.1 (Vengerov) or no. 2 (Janine Jansen) with his symphony no. 10

No comments: