Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Interesting stat about Mats Sundin, Bri. Only 4 days? I'll fight the urge to insert a bitter 'joke' about his piss-poor point total or or overall ineffectiveness this year and instead will move on to your question about bringing downloaded music to the meetings.

I'd say that more than half my music purchases these days are downloads and I suspect this percentage will only increase over the coming years. It's just a hell of a lot easier to download then it is to find the time to make it out to hmv or soundscapes and most of the time the first thing I do with the disc when I open it is rip the tracks to mp3 so I can transfer to the ipod. Though I still enjoy owning a cd, and appreciate the artwork and the overall package, it's really all about the music, isn't it?

Though we call it the 'cd club', we have all brought some vinyl at some point and to me, the format doesn't matter, provided the sound quality is decent and I get to listen to everyone explain (or in some cases, defend) why they've brought what they've brought. The solution would be to burn your tracks to disc so we can play them on a cd player. My only caveat would be a request that, in light of liner notes that we can fumble with while listening to the track selections, you bring a printout from allmusic or an online review that you can pass around and satisify our need for tactile reinforcement.

Does this sound fair to everyone or should we give Brian a cold shoulder anyway, if only because his image approaches Beckham-like exposure in the transit system?

No comments: