Tuesday, February 28, 2006

While brian chews on the race issue for a bit, allow me to entertain you with a rant in the form of a question: does the world need another one of these?

Yes, that the Rolling Stones continue to tirelessly trek all over the Globe, singing the same damn songs they've been singing for the past 40 years, is in some respects admirable but in most respects lame, boring, enough already etc...But why oh why oh why oh why oh jesus please tell me why do is it news every time they announce a new concert?

I don't care if the Stones are set to play their first show in the colon of a 90 year old elephant, the fact that they are performing another concert, anywhere, is not news. And since every lazy-ass newscast and entertainment show will milk this 3-paragraph wire story for the next five days, I won't be able to turn on the television or flip through the radio or get on the subway without seeing or hearing a headline to announce this fact over and over and over again.

Are you with me, people? Or am I just cranky because it's cold, it's Tuesday, and I'm not used to being in the office for this many consecutive days?

Okay, here's something less crotchety, more amusing...comedian/actor David Cross using the 'shuffle songs' feature on his ipod and being asked to comment on each track.

No comments: