Monday, March 21, 2011

I enjoy listening to NPR whenever I'm travelling through the US. I prefer it to the CBC, less navel-gazing from hosts and callers, and more focused on current events, cultural and political topics. Something very limiting about carrying around a set number of songs too. I always want to save the 'good' mixed cd or albums for the portion of the drive where I feel I'll need them the most, not wanting to waste them when driving through a heavily populated metropolitan area, with multi station offerings. When you get into those rural areas stateside, though, its either all tiresome religious preaching or even more tiresome Republican talking point ranting from right wing radio.

Perhaps something like this from these guys would be the way to go then. Came across the article in this morning's G&M. Lots of points of discussion here....from 'renting' vs. 'owning' to the apparent finding that young music fans prefer the sound of mp3s to vinyl or cds....

At any rate, I signed up for a free 7-day trial so will let you know what it's like. Of course, if I were in Stuart's magical office, it would always been free. :)

No comments: