Monday, March 21, 2011

I'd like to add my voice to those supporting "Phasers on Stun". Like many, I was introduced to FM because they frequently opened for Rush back in the day. The "Black Noise" album on which the aforementioned song appeared was excellent, although I couldnt' find a copy of it anywhere when I digitized my collection. I also used to own "City of Fear". The front man was particularly talented - generally singing lead while playing 2 different keyboard parts on two different keyboards and playing bass with pedals. This video comes from the early years before Nash the Slash (electric mandolin and violin) turned up the theatrics. When I saw them, he was always dressed in an elaborate costume, the most prominant feature of which was that his face was entirely covered with guaze bandages, mummy-like. It was everything rock and roll should be!

No comments: