Monday, March 07, 2011

Mike: Done. Happy that some of these will be embraced by a younger generation. Will get them to Bri this weekend. Bri: Still working on the list of embarassing bands. Trying to come up with some goodies. Derek: the first four songs on the PJ Harvey disc are terrific. She then reverts to form for the middle of the album, with the signature moaning and wailing that I've come to know and hate. The final third or so gets better, as though some of the other vocalists and musicians brought on board for the effort have convinced her to step back a bit. Overall, I'm liking it, though happy for technology that lets me skip ahead from some tracks. Marc: love how you seamlessly weaved Garbage and the Propellerheads into the class rock road mix! Well done. Arcade Fire track is very Springsteen-like too. Stu: Finally found and played your mixed country cd. I will say the closest I've ever come to enjoying country music. Perfect accompaniment to reading the paper and folding laundry while the young one napped yesterday afternoon. Much appreciated. Can you point me to the track listing, if it's still available? Did you post it here on metabeats? If so, then I may be able to find it through search.

No comments: