Thursday, March 10, 2011


Lots of catching up to do so here goes.

The classical / jazz floor in Sunrise has been there since at least last summer. I've been in there several times and have been inclined to head upstairs and it has been lights out / doors closed. Yes it wont be around very long. In the rare occasion when I am in Sunrise I no longer make the effort to even check it out.

Brian, no I don't love the Beatles yet. I can say with all honesty I never have the slightest inclination to put on their music, but I totally understand why they are revered. As for "Hey Jude" it is a brilliant song. Sorry Marc but to say that it is the worst Beatles song ever is just ridiculous.

Kyle if nobody else has put a claim in yet I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the following discs: Beck - Midnite Vultures, both Built to Spill discs, Digable Planets, Grandaddy's - Sophtware Slump, The Complete Stone Roses, and XTC - Apple Venus.

As for artists we like who we find too embarrassing to mention to the cool kids I can think of a couple. Enya & Abba being the two most prominent. I don't come to Abba as part of the revival from about 5 years ago. I was a full fledged Abba lover in their heyday buying each record as it hit the stores. Cheese perhaps but songs like "Knowing Me, Knowing You", "Take a Chance on Me" and "The Name of the Game" were pretty great. Loved the two pronged female attack and totally had the 13 year old hots for Agnetha Faltskog.

And yes Marc that is definitely the Duckman on track #13. It actually sounds like Mickey is singing lead on that one especially late in the track.

No comments: