Friday, January 13, 2012

Actually Stu I thought you'd always loved that Sprinfield song. I recall some years ago you warbling out a version (superbly, mind) when justifying the greatness of their relatively under-lauded third album.

In terms of losing the plot two years ago when battling the 60's, I agree. It shows what's tricky about getting votes, though. Who would think I'd give up the round because I played REM and U2? Perhaps the two greatest bands of any standing from the decade. And while an argument could be made that the songs were bad choices, one is a beloved though underground choice from their lesser-loved third record (though a fave of mine) and the second is a huge breakthrough anthem which defined the band for a number of years - ie, hardly twaddle. And Stu's choices were great great songs but all very well known. Could be interesting next week!

No comments: